Friday, May 15, 2009

Imitation as the sincerest form of flattery!


I got a couple emails today from loyal customers alerting me to the existence of a familiar dress design coming from another etsy shop owner. Does this look familiar to you???!!! There's no way to prove she copied from me anyway, and the union jack is a popular icon to boot, but it is a rather startling similarity.

International copyright laws being what they are, I don't have much of a recourse, and truthfully I don't care too much either, but her prices undercut me rather badly. Since she's from China, she can get away with it.

I'm not going to do anything unless she starts selling a boatload of them, but I thought you all might like to see her stuff anyway. Her other stuff is really cute, so I'm not sure why she'd put a copy of my dress up on her site anyway.

Go have a look for yourself and see; Hiblythe.etsy.com

No comments: